Voted a "Top Doctor" by Northern Virginia Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
- BA, Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pennsylvania
- MD, Case Western Reserve University
Internship & Residency
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Northern Virginia Medical Society
Areas of Specialization
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joint Replacement
- Children and Adolescents
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Total hip replacement metal on metal
- Minimally invasive hip replacement
- Hemiarthroplasty of hip
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Bilateral knee replacement
- Gender specific knee replacement
- Rotating platform total knee replacement
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement
- ACL/ligament reconstruction (knee)
- Total shoulder replacement
- Hemiarthroplasty of shoulder
- Resurfacing of the shoulder
- Arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repair/instability repair
- Minimally invasive total shoulder replacement
Robert M. Dombrowski, MD
Dr. Robert Dombrowski received a BA in Biology at Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Pennsylvania, before going on to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, where he earned his medical degree. He then completed his surgical internship and residency training in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
Since joining Commonwealth Orthopaedics in 1998, Dr. Dombrowski practices general orthopaedics and has a special interest in sports medicine, joint replacement and information technology. He also specializes in arthroscopic knee (ACL) reconstructions, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic shoulder labral and instability repairs, total shoulder replacements, and minimally invasive total hip and total knee replacements.
Active in a number of medical organizations and leadership roles, Dr. Dombrowski has chaired the Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Information Technology Committee, a precursor to the Inova Health System Information Technology Committee of which he is a member. These committees were instrumental in bringing digital radiology to the Inova Health System. He also serves on the Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Operating Room Committee, the Commonwealth Orthopaedics Operating Room and Quality Management Committees, and the School Liaison Committee of the Northern Virginia Medical Society. In addition, Dr. Dombrowski is currently team physician for Westfield High School and has previously assisted with the DC United Major League Soccer team as well as the 1999 Women's World Cup Soccer matches in Washington, DC.
Dr. Dombrowski, along with his wife and son, reside in Northern Virginia. When not practicing medicine, he enjoys spending time with his family, running marathons, windsurfing, sailing, and is always up for a good round of golf.
Westfield High School
"Dr. Dombrowski was a kind and efficient doctor treating my daughter's sprained wrist. My daughter and I have and will continue to recommend him to others. We were also impressed with the quality of the supporting staff in doing their work, and dealing politely with the public."
"Office visit was excellent. Dr. Drombowski is the best."
Patient Satisfaction Survey Comment
Fair Oaks Office
8501 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, Virginia 22031
3620 Joseph Siewick Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22033