Voted a "Top Doctor" by: Super Doctors® 2011; Northern Virginia Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014; Best of Arlington Award in the Orthopedics Physician category by the US Commerce Association (USCA) 2011; Washingtonian Magazine 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2012; Washington Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine 2007
- BS, Boston College
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
Internship & Residency
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Sports Medicine/Knee & Shoulder Surgery Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Eastern Orthopaedic Society
- Georgetown and University of Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Societies
- Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Virginia and Arlington County Medical Societies
- Georgetown Clinical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa & Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Societies
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Member of MLS Team Physician Society
- Lab Instructor, Fall Meeting for AANA
Areas of Specialization
- Sports Medicine
- Children and Adolescents
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Complex ligament and revision reconstruction
- All aspects of cartilage surgery
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Hemiarthroplasty of shoulder
- Resurfacing of the shoulder
Christopher C. Annunziata, MD
Originally from New Haven, Connecticut, Dr. Christopher Annunziata was drawn to the field of orthopaedics because of the opportunity it would give him to care for individuals of all ages and to restore or enhance the function of people with injury or chronic musculoskeletal ailments. Dr. Annunziata earned a BS from Boston College before graduating with his medical degree from Georgetown University in Washington, DC. He completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at Georgetown University Medical Center and went on to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine/Knee and Shoulder Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Center.
With a special interest in sports medicine, Dr. Annunziata enjoys helping athletes return to their sport after an injury. He also enjoys educating and advising patients of all ages about their musculoskeletal health. In addition to sports related injuries, Dr. Annunziata treats complex problems of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle, performs all types of ligament reconstruction, arthroplasty of the knee and shoulder, and a complete array of arthroscopic surgeries.
Active in the academics of sports medicine, Dr. Annunziata is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Georgetown University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery where he received the Peter Kenmore Award for Excellence In Resident Education in 2002 and 2009. He also carries his love for sports medicine into the community where he serves as head team orthopaedic physician for the Washington Redskins, consultant for the Washington Ballet and McLean Youth Soccer and lecturer for multiple athletic societies. Dr. Annunziata is a member of the NFL Team Physician Society, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Dr. Annunziata is the proud parent of two boys, Nicholas and Frankie. In his leisure time, Dr. Annunziata participates in ice hockey, softball, running and cycling.
"Dr. Annunziata is very good at letting you know what to expect. I felt well prepared for the surgery. He is always on time for appointments and available to answer questions by phone. The office is efficient at getting all the insurance paperwork handled. It can take some time to get an appointment scheduled, but it's worth the wait."
Leslie A., Angie's List Review
"Shots for capsulitis weren't so bad. Dr. Annunziata is awesome!"
Patient Satisfaction Survey Comment
Member of The Washington Ballet’s Alliance of Medical Providers for the 2010-2011 season.
McLean Youth Soccer
Tysons Corner Office
1635 N. George Mason Dr
Arlington, Virginia 22205
8320 Old Courthouse Road
Vienna, Virginia 22182